Monday, October 9, 2017

10/9- Remnants of Nate

Greetings all-

Apologies for my extended absence from this blog. One of my dogs was eaten by a coyote last weekend and I was dealing with that for quite some time.

I'm back now though, but unfortunately I bring Hurricane Nate's remnants with me, which means that pouring rain is expected for the vast majority of the day today. This could impact the baseball games scheduled for this afternoon at Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium, and could be highly significant as these are playoff games but we will have to wait and see how that plays out. Regardless, tomorrow looks much better, with highs generally in the upper 70s and moderate humidity...but a strong cold front will move through in the late afternoon tomorrow. This will come through dry, but the temperatures will be a good 10-15 degrees cooler on Wednesday with a risk of showers in the afternoon thanks to a frontal system stalled just to our south. The clouds will stick around for Thursday- though I think we get through most of the day dry, but showers are likely Thursday morning. We finally clear things out completely for Friday, and then we get back to the warmer weather Saturday.

Long range models suggest a major cold snap in roughly two weeks. Be ready- this could feature the first flakes of '17-'18.

No comments:

Post a Comment