Monday, April 14, 2014

Storm Warning now in effect for Tuesday...

Good evening all-

I have decided to upgrade my watch to a warning based on new data as there now appears to be two to three inches of rain a distinct possibility for tomorrow. Rain moves in later this evening and likely is here by the morning commute, after which time it will pour most of the day tomorrow, but a few breaks may occur in the morning. Additionally of concern is some very strong winds- we are looking potentially at 25 mph sustained winds over my forecast area. Overnight tomorrow, I can now safely forecast a change to potentially even moderate to heavy snow in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. In fact, some models are indicating up to 4". This, however, is likely overdoing it, and I'll keep my forecast at one to two inches of snow for Tuesday night in place. Beyond this, I am watching a few nor'easters for next week...but I won't go into details at this time.

Enjoy the rainstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment