Saturday, January 6, 2018

1/6- Farewell to a Blizzard, Hello to Cold and a Mix

Good Saturday all-

This will be my last post until next weekend- I will be visiting Austin, TX from tomorrow to Friday for the 98th annual AMS meeting.

Today is going to be really, really cold. Highs will struggle to reach even ten degrees during the day today...ouch. In fact, if we end up falling short of double digits, this would be the coldest day in fourteen years. Seriously, bundle up and stay warm today. Thankfully, no precipitation is expected today or tomorrow, but some light snow or a wintry mix is likely Monday night, which could recoat the ground to the tune of an inch or two before we warm things up by the end of the week with highs in the 40s...finally. The next chance for a major snowstorm arrives on Saturday as a low pressure system develops on the trailing edge of a cold front- keep your eyes on it as I do in Texas, and should that become Winter Storm Clare, you'll know!

Looking back on Blizzard Brody, most of the state received between 8 and 12 inches of snow, but it was the jackpot location that was surprising as, instead of eastern Connecticut hitting it big like expected, the highest totals were found around the I-91 corridor. Staffordville hit the jackpot with 16" of snow but I came in a very close second with a snowfall of 15.5" or so in Naugatuck, which was about double what I was expecting to get...so I was delighted!

I hope all of you have a great week and I'll see you next weekend!!

SP

No comments:

Post a Comment