Saturday, January 5, 2019

1/5/19- It's Been Forever

Greetings to everyone-

First off, there are no words that I can use to explain my absence for ten months- frankly, it's been one thing after another after another, and many of them have been good- but the bottom line is that I should never have been gone for that long. It will not happen again, and I have no way to say sorry other than to give my word that I will continue to blog for the future. Perhaps not every day like it once was, but at minimum several times a week- especially if a major storm is on the horizon.

In any case, over the last year, a tornado hit my house and did serious damage on May 15, we experienced the 5th wettest year on record, and watched as Hurricanes Florence and Michael devastated areas south of us. After an early snowstorm on November 15th (the 3rd earliest 6" snowfall on record), we've largely had a quiet winter, and with the pattern we have at this moment, it looks like that should mostly continue for another week or so. Some icing is certainly possible Monday night into Tuesday, which could snarl up some commutes Tuesday morning for sure. Today, you can expect it to rain on and off all day! Ugh. Generally 0.5" of rain is expected, and although not nearly as bad as it looked like it would be a few days ago, a 37 degree rain is downright nasty for sure! Tomorrow we're looking at temperatures in the mid-40s, then a generally cool and seasonable week should follow with any issues being confined to the Monday/Tuesday timeframe.

For more information, feel free to follow me on twitter at @stevectweather!

Again, my deepest apologies for not updating for so, so long. Hope you all had a great holiday season!

Happy 2019- see you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment