Friday, July 25, 2014

7/25- GREAT!

Good Friday all!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I had the page typed out and then I accidentally closed the window, and didn't have the heart to type it again. Anyway, today is going to be absolutely stunning! Highs will be comfortable and humidity will be virtually non-existent, which leads to a beautiful day today! Sadly, though, it's a one-day reprieve, as the humidity returns tomorrow, as do thunderstorms, especially in the evening. If nothing else, though, please make sure you spend time outside today!!! Also, please prepare for about a 9 day absence of me from this page, as I am going on vacation next week. I'll update Monday, and then I'll be gone until Friday 8/8.

In the Atlantic- Development is not expected anytime soon.

In the Pacific- Development is likely in so many places I cannot type them all here. Go to hurricanes.gov for more information. The most notable of which, however, has become Tropical Storm Genevive 1500 miles ESE of Hawaii. It should not impact land in any way, shape, or form.


Today in weather history- July 25, 1979- Tropical Storm Claudette drops as much as 3.5 feet of rain in a 24 hour period in Alvin, Texas. This is the US record for the most rainfall in one day...and would be very tough to beat! (For comparison, imagine about 3 inches more than the 2013 blizzard, as water!)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment