Saturday, April 2, 2016

Horrid Weather tomorrow, Monday

Good Saturday all-

A rare HIGH WIND WARNING is up for southern Connecticut tonight and tomorrow morning.

I am posting today to issue a few SNOWFALL forecasts if you can believe it...


This is ONLY FOR TOMORROW MORNING...and this will be nasty, with winds gusting over 60mph, and heavy blowing and drifting of snow.

It is worth noting that the criteria for a blizzard is "whiteout conditions with 35mph+winds over a period of 3 or more hours". We may meet that tomorrow...but I doubt you'll hear about it because the NWS likely wouldn't issue a blizzard warning for 1-4" of snow...but you never know I guess.

Incredibly, I expect more snow than even this on Monday. Right now...my blog cannot accept more than one snow map in one post. Right now though...I'd go with 1-2" along and south of the Merritt Parkway...and 2-5" north of there. There may well be some school impacts on Monday...especially considering how few there have been throughout this winter. Please stay warm and safe, and enjoy seeing the flakes fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment