Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5/13- Not much going on til Friday

Good Tuesday all!

Yesterday, Hartford hit the big 9-0 for the first time since September and tied the record high set in 1975, but the rest of the state was a tad colder in general with the majority of temps in the 80s. The nice weather should hold the next few days with the exception of a few storms around Thursday afternoon. My big concern, however, is Friday night into Saturday, and I will issue a STORM WATCH at this time for that time period as there could be 1-3" of rain statewide. The timing on this for my senior class trip to 6 Flags could not be much worse, and I think many people at Sound School will be very displeased by this forecast! If there is an out here, it would be if the rain arrived Saturday, but I just don't see that happening. I expect a wet night at the park for sure!

Until then, have a good one. I'll have more on the rainstorm tomorrow!

Today in weather history- May 13, 1866- A tornado somehow manages to hit Barnet, Vermont, and demolishes a toll bridge in the area! While tornadoes in Vermont are extremely rare, it just goes to show they can happen anywhere- there was a tornado near Juneau, AK just five years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment