Tuesday, January 24, 2017

1/24- I Missed This One- Many closings and delays today

Good Tuesday all-

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is up for Hartford, Tolland, Litchfield, and Fairfield County through the morning.

Ouch. So we ended up getting a major winter storm last night because of the sleet...and icing is insanely heavy in the end with as much as three inches of sleet in parts of the state, and many schools are closed today as a result. I expected some delays last night...but closings were beyond my wildest expectations. More sleet is likely through the day today and we will likely deal with another 1-3" of sleet by the evening along and north of I-84. This is the heaviest sleet event I can remember in my life- my ground is totally covered and my school district is closed. It truly is amazing just how powerful a high pressure center can be in allowing cold air to remain in place throughout the region.

The rest of the week looks pretty quiet, so we just have to get through today before things improve greatly tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment