Monday, December 5, 2016

12/5- Snow to Start the Week

Good Monday all-

Here we go, a widespread accumulating snow for many people today- but not a significant accumulation. That said, the roads are a total mess, and most everyone north of the immediate shoreline and west of I-91 has picked up a 2-hour delay, which is probably the right call as the snow will change to rain around 9 and end completely around 10...so a delay certainly makes sense here. This is very similar to what I expected...so I'll give myself a victory here to move to 1-1 (I consider the foot of snow in the hills about two weeks ago a loss- I totally missed that!) on the young winter season. My thoughts have not changed much whatsoever since yesterday, but the roads are quite a bit messier than I expected they would be so please stay safe out there as you head to work and school- particularly if you have no delay. Thankfully, tomorrow looks significantly better...at least before the evening, when another wintry mix moves in. This one, however, should change to rain much quicker...well, except not in the hills, which may pickup another inch or two and thus see more school delays on Wednesday. Thursday's storm is a miss, so I'll go with scattered flurries, and add a chance of snow somewhere in the Sunday or Monday of next week timeframe...though that is, of course, not unexpected for December.

As for my winter predictions for this year- as what better time is there to give it than on the first statewide accumulation- is that this will be extra snowy with either average to slightly above average temperatures. For Bradley...I think I will go with 70", which is almost twice the average and would put this in the top 10 all time winters...while at Bridgeport, 40" would put this at about the Hartford average...and that should work quite nicely. Let's see how accurate this turns out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment