Thursday, March 9, 2017

3/9- STORM WATCH- Medium Tomorrow, Big Tuesday

Good Thursday all-

All of CT is under a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY

Oh boy, are things about to get interesting. Let's start with tonight, where I am increasing the totals from yesterday. I am now going with 3 to 6 inches of snow south of I-84, with 2-4" north of there. Thus, it's going to be quite a disruptive system as the bulk of it will fall directly during the AM commute. Thus, I predict that all schools south of I-84 and most north of there will be completely closed tomorrow, as the timing is just horrendous.

The weekend looks cold & dry, but then we have a close call for Tuesday. My thoughts have not changed- all the pieces for something historic are in place, and we have to watch it very closely. Models are a bit less aggressive this morning...by only giving 1-2 feet of snow instead of 2-4 feet. Who cares, really...that's still a very disruptive event! We will be watching very closely indeed over the next several days, as things can and will change, and everything from partly cloudy to a blizzard remains on the table and I expect this to remain the case until Sunday at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment