Wednesday, May 6, 2015

5/6- AM rain, then dry for a while

Good Wednesday all-

Showers are moving across the state from west to east this morning, especially in the southern parts (as we expected). These shall continue until around noon before tapering off, leaving us with partly to mostly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid-70s. The rest of the week looks practically identical to what I typed yesterday, so I shan't bore you by typing it again.

In the Atlantic- The low off Florida is now being given a 60% chance of becoming Tropical Storm Ana in the next 48 hours by the NHC, a percentage that I would put as a touch conservative. Otherwise, there's no change to my thinking from yesterday. I'd think twice if you have plans in South Carolina this weekend, though.

Today in weather history- May 6, 1933- Charleston, SC somehow manages to pick up a whopping 10.57" of rain in 24 hours, their all time record. I'd love to see the radar as to how that happened. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment