Tuesday, June 23, 2015

6/23- STORM WARNING- Potentially devastating severe outbreak today

Good Tuesday all-

First off, my thoughts go out to those effected by the devastating tornadoes in Michigan last night

Unfortunately, my thoughts may need to go out to someone in New England tomorrow. For the first time in several years, the SPC has put CT under an ENHANCED risk of severe weather. This is highly, highly unusual...and means that we're in big trouble. The only question is how much sunshine we got this morning...and as we can see, it's really sunny out there...that's BAD. I am more concerned about the setup today than I have been on anything since 6/1/11- and perhaps more so- and that's the day that spawned the EF3 tornado in Springfield. PLEASE, PLEASE stay safe, as large hail, strong tornadoes, and very strong winds. Keep an eye on the skies at ALL times today, and be sure to be safe this afternoon. I have to hope that you're careful. Two different rounds are coming through today. One at 11 or so, and another at 5 PM or so...which round will be more severe? Play roulette! I don't know, and am perfectly willing to admit it. Just stay safe today...please?

In the Atlantic & Pacific- Watch the storms today, not the tropics. Not only is it not important, but it's not interesting at all as there's nothing to watch

Today in weather history- It's rare that I do this but I will. Today, June 23, 2015, could be historic in it's own right...so I'll leave it blank. Is it possible that we just get another average day of thunderstorms? Sure, but it's also possible that we get a horrible outbreak of severe weather. Since there's nothing that really happened today anyway...I can leave it like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment