Thursday, June 16, 2016

6/16- I'M BACK...Really Great Weather Too!

Good Thursday all-

I'm back from Hershey- I had a wonderful time- and I get a nice break in the weather this week also because this is one of the easiest forecasts I have had to make all year. There is only one chance of rain in the next week, and it does not come until Tuesday, and until then we're looking at generally mid-80s for temperatures and mostly sunny skies, although clouds will be around today and tomorrow. I wouldn't call today "cloudy" per say, but I think "mostly cloudy"...is probably a fair assessment as a large rainstorm misses us just a bit to our south. Otherwise...there really is not much to discuss. The only potential 90 degree day in the near future appears to be Monday.

In the Atlantic- A low may try to develop in the Bay of Campeche this week, but I honestly do not think it will succeed as it will be too close to land...the NHC agrees with me and gives it a paltry 10% chance of occurring.

In the Pacific- A low near Mexico has some chance to develop today but, even if it does, not only will it pose no threat to land, but it would die by the weekend. Thus...my concern for this one is practically zero. The only thing it may do is use the 'A' name from the list.

Today in weather history- June 16, 1944- A Sioux City, IA tornado takes one of the most bizarre paths you've ever heard of, sitting in one place for twenty minutes, then traveling northeast...making a u-turn...then a 3/4ths counterclockwise circle...then another 90 degree turn to the east. That would be a nightmare to forecast...but fortunately this is very rare.

It's a bit late of course, but thoughts and prayers remain with the city and people of Orlando after the tragedy Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment