Friday, February 28, 2014

2/28- In which snow lovers rejoice!

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!!!!

The southward trend I was concerned about on the models last night has stopped entirely...and a major to historical snowstorm is now very likely for Monday's timeframe. My numbers appear they were correct the entire time...and I hold steady with my predictions for today. On another note, it is COOOLD this morning and I hope everyone bundles up! Wind chills today are probably going to be below 0 all day and it will certainly feel like the approaching storm. There is now no situation in which I could envision schools being open on Monday if the storm comes as predicted and there is a high chance...90 percent...of a snow day on Monday- with only a 10 percent chance of the storm missing. If trends continue, I may be comfortable calling the snow day later today. I will update again later today after examining the 12z and 18z model runs at about 6 PM this evening. Until then, enjoy the end of the work/school week!

Today in weather history- February 28, 2012- A major snowstorm hits Greece of all places, where Athens drops to 36 degrees...

No comments:

Post a Comment