Tuesday, February 11, 2014

We have a name...

Good evening everyone! Thursday's storm has been named Winter Storm Easton, after the town in central Fairfield county. Easton is the 5th named storm of the winter, tying this year with 2010-11 for the most named storms since 1995-96...which had 8. With over one month to go in the winter season, another named storm or two is certainly possible...especially since beyond next week we could reenter an extremely snowy pattern which could come close to exhausting the entire name list. The next name on the list is Franklin, followed by Guilford and Hebron. If we have four more, we could be in trouble as, to my knowledge, no town in Connecticut starts with the letter I...I maintain my forecast in the 12-24" range, though currently I wouldn't be surprised if it fell in the lower end of this zone simply due to mixing. If it doesn't...then all bets are off. It will be interesting as well to see if these Winter Storm watches get upgraded to Blizzard Warnings as well, as wind will certainly be a factor. This will be a heavy, wet snowfall that is not going to be fun to shovel, especially when you get tons! I still believe that there is a 100% chance of no school Thurs and an 80% chance of no school Fri.


2 comments:

  1. "I" - how about Ivoryton, CT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my best guess, but that's a village not a city (I live in Wallingford- Yalesville is part of my town but it has many seperate entities). I would imagine you are correct though if they needed to use an I this is probably what they'd do.

      Delete