Friday, March 21, 2014

3/21- A nor'easter is brewing...

Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Today and tomorrow are going to be fantastic days! The temps will be in the mid 50s on both days, and some areas may get to 60 tomorrow! There will be some scattered snow showers tomorrow morning as a warm front moves through, with the feat duplicated Monday night, but with a very strong cold front moving through, the temps will be knocked down into the low 30s on Monday. It wouldn't surprise me if we were trapped in the 20s on that day! Yikes! Then comes Tuesday, which will feature increasing clouds and frigid temperatures. Then the trouble begins...

Overnight, the model trend has continued to go north, and most are now forecasting precipitation for Southern New England. There is TONS, and I mean TONS of moisture with this thing. If the storm proves to be a direct hit to the region, then it would bring blizzard conditions and several feet, not inches, of snow and would be one we talk about for a very long time. This has, in my opinion, a 50-50 chance of occuring (with a glancing blow being the other option). I won't go into accumulations for now, but I have my numbers ready for a direct hit...they are HUGE, but I won't divulge them here (they would cause hype that I am not willing to cause when there is still a chance of a glancing blow or a miss).

I will have a blog update tonight simply because of the historic potential of this storm.


Today in weather history- March 21, 1968- It rains for 36 straight hours in Memphis...but on this date it changes to snow and accumulates 16.1" before ending...20 hours later (That is over 2 days of non-stop precip!)

No comments:

Post a Comment