Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's all over folks! Sorry!

Good Saturday evening,

Snow-haters rejoice! There will not be a major snowstorm Monday after all as the polar vortex, once most people's worst enemy, becomes their best friend by deflecting the storm out to sea. The end result is almost nothing to 3" statewide, and I can not predict anything other than a full school day on Monday as a result. Granted there is still a VERY slim chance the storm repositions north, I can't really see that happening as the PV is really strong right now and the pattern is thus not favorable to bringing a major snowstorm to New England. Additionally, I want to apologize for the hype that occurred earlier this week- the problems were always there and nobody really looked at the other possibility and I think many people- including myself- began the dreaded "wishcasting" that occurs when storms are so far out and anything remains on the table. This storm, unfortunately, will leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth after what I would define as an above-average weather forecasting winter for me. For what it's worth, the next coastal storm doesn't look to hit New England on Friday either, nor does one appear to come over the week of 3/10-3/14, and the next one any models are showing having a significant impact is March 15- it therefore would not surprise me if this was the last solid chance at a significant snowfall this season. If it is, winter 2013-14 will be remembered for its' frigid weather and many snowstorms for quite some time. The bottom line remains that this forecast, on my part, was a total bust. Truly, I apologize!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment