Monday, March 31, 2014

A Spring Shocker- Analysis of a surprise snowstorm

I owe you all one after this morning...I GOT BUSTED!!!

Essentially, what happened was a perfect storm situation where we picked up far stronger northerly winds than we expected, and that combined with one lone mesoscale band that set up camp right over the region, a narrow band occured of 2-5" of snow stretching from roughly Hartford south to New Haven, through Meriden, Wallingford, North Haven, Glastonbury, etc. In retrospect, I think most schools wish they had closed today, but considering the circumstances I think the best choice was made. I would not have delayed school this morning either, and the forecast was always for improving weather through the afternoon hours so there was never any point in having an Early Dismissal!

I hope everyone forgives me! (Not that you have much choice- all weather stations got it wrong too...)

No comments:

Post a Comment