Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/9- Wintry mess for Weds

Good morning and HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!!

The odds of a pure snowstorm on Wednesday are dropping somewhat, though the odds continue to favor a wintry mess type deal. I think that the most likely situation is snow-sleet-rain-sleet-snow. If this occurs, schools could well be impacted on Thursday especially...we'll see. If I had to guess right now, I'd say a moderate chance of an early dismissal Weds and no school on Thursday, but this is by no means final. I'll have a blog post later this evening to discuss my preliminary forecast and my first numbers will be thrown out!


Today in weather history- March 9, 1999- 12" of snow falls in Washington, DC, closing schools and government offices. This storm surprises meteorologists, however, that were forecasting 2-4". Oops!

I'll do another event later tonight on my storm update.

No comments:

Post a Comment