Sunday, December 28, 2014

MAJOR CHANGE TO FORECAST

Well, I don't ordinarily do this, but there has been a massive change to next weekend's storm.

I'm afraid to say that out of absolutely nowhere today, and I mean nowhere, the European model shifted some 250-300 miles EAST from the Great Lakes...which is near the 40/70 benchmark...which is a big snowstorm for everyone in Connecticut. The GFS came in 150 miles further east, putting the storm center over central New York. Needless to say, such a massive shift is raising my eyebrows more than a fair bit, since the Euro almost never does such a drastic single model swing. I'm truly stunned by this. Thus, the storm watch for next Saturday/Sunday changes from being a storm watch for heavy rain to a storm watch for heavy snow or heavy rain. There is around a 50/50 chance now with the model trend of a significant storm of some kind...we just don't know what kind. I'm still reeling from this, and I want to see some more consistency before I bite into the apple completely. Just know that snow is definitely back on the table for next weekend...and I would give as much as a 30% chance for several inches at the present time.

The trend is snow-lovers friend, at the moment. Let's just see how this plays out shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment