Wednesday, January 20, 2016

1/20- SEVERE STORM WATCH- Historic snowstorm for entire east coast this weekend

Good Wednesday all-

After the GFS and Euro were too far south last night...they've gone a complete reversal and are now in the dream scenario (especially the 6z GFS, which would result in nearly 3ft of snow on parts of CT). The Euro, although it's still further south, still drops a whopping 8-15" of snow statewide...which is surely nothing to sneeze at.

Regardless of what happens here, the big winner is going to be areas in and around DC, where I'd be calling for 2-4ft. Granted...it would not take much of a trend to cause me to say the same for us here in Connecticut...but I think the jackpot stays tantalizingly close...but just south overall. That said...I think that a crippling and catastrophic BLIZZARD is in the cards for this weekend. If I had to take a general stab at amounts...I'd say a nice place to start is a rather conservative 10-20" with locally 2ft+. That seems like it may be a bit low (especially if the GFS is correct) but that's the safest place to start. We'll take a look at mid-day model runs, then I'll have my first snowfall map of the storm tomorrow morning

The rest of the week looks fine, but a storm threat looms for the middle portion of next week, and that one could also be very significant if everything comes together. Let's get through Blizzard Anna/Jonas first though.


There is no weather history today- we're looking at history in the making right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment