Saturday, January 23, 2016

1/23- SEVERE STORM WARNING- Last second North Jog yields Epic Blizzard

Good Saturday all-

A BLIZZARD WARNING is up for the immediate shoreline. The rest of Southern CT is under a WINTER STORM WARNING. Northern parts of the state have a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY. A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY is also out.

Well, if you were with me late last night, you know that the models shifted too far north...and came into agreement with the NAM, dropping tons of snow on Connecticut. The 6z GFS, for example, which just came out...wants to drop 12-20" on Southern Connecticut. Since the wind will also be strong...I am forced to issue just the second SEVERE STORM WARNING in my blog's history...and the first since Blizzard Colbie/Juno last year.

My snowfall map from last night is almost exactly what I'm thinking will happen today...so feel free to just look at that (my other computer has a dead battery so I cannot make another one at this time). Regardless, please stay safe and enjoy the show. It's 1996 all over again- everything so identical including that last second jog north.

Blizzard Anna is going to be a very memorable storm...for a bunch of reasons. We don't get blizzards very often, so take some time today to watch the snow fall and appreciate the incredible force that is mother nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment