Monday, January 26, 2015

1/26- Monster blizzard on the way

Good Monday all-

A BLIZZARD WARNING is in effect for ALL OF CONNECTICUT- AN EXTREME RARITY. The forecast remains largely the same from last night. NOAA lowered their totals because they believed the 0z NAM...which is a very dangerous proposition. Steve's official forecast will remain 2 to 4 feet...with the highest totals under the mesoscale band of snow that will put 40"+ on the ground. This is what happened to Hamden last time...and it could very well happen in that general area once again...or anywhere east or west of there. If I had to guess, based on the last few years, it'll be dead center CT, Hamden/Wallingford/Meriden/New Haven. If so, then oh boy will this be a storm to remember (as if it isn't already). Remember that the 20-30" forecasted by the TV stations actually DO NOT INCLUDE THIS BAND. Also, it should be worth noting that most models approach 30" average statewide...but people are hesitant to forecast that because it's so unusual. I was too...last time...but did so anyway, and was correct as almost all of CT happened to get 2'+. This will happen again...so enjoy!!

Stay safe, be warm, talk to me with snowfall totals when I next blog tomorrow afternoon, with my snowfall total as of noon tomorrow. Let's shoot for 45", Wallingford!

Before each snowstorm now, I'll do these four categories. All amounts are realistic

I'd be disappointed if I get- 18"

I'd be satisfied if I get- 25"

I'd be thrilled if I get- 35"

I'd be stoked if I get- >40", beating 2013's storm.

All are equally possible, with slight more weight on those higher figures. I expect 25-30" for darn near everyone, with the band setup getting 3ft+!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment