Saturday, January 24, 2015

Uh oh...Tuesday...

Alright, I don't usually update mid day, but the situation here warrants it.

I'm afraid that the model runs for Tuesday have done what I feared in the morning- they caved to the Euro. That means, well, um...you probably don't want to hear this, but a snowstorm is very likely for Tuesday. This would be a much larger than the one we got today. Some models are keeping it around from late Monday night until mid-day Wednesday. If that's the case, and 1+" an hour snowfall rates...yeah you can see where this is going. I won't go all-out forecasting widespread 30+" at this time, as I'd be foolish to do that because that has happened twice in the last 127 years, but that's what we're looking at if the Euro/Nam are correct. The GFS is "whimpier" with only one to two feet statewide. (I'd probably go with 10-20" in a GFS scenario.

Either way, this is serious. This will be the biggest snowstorm, easily, since the Great Blizzard of 2013. To start off, I'll predict 15-30" statewide. This will likely be tweaked some, but it's far more likely to go up than down, if you can believe it. A small westward nudge on the GFS would cause me to say 2-4 ft statewide. This is going to be an incredible storm to watch. Be prepared. This is not a test. This is the biggest snowstorm since I began writing this blog. 

Sorry for the bold text, but this is a VERY important and significant storm that will be very impactful on Connecticut on Tuesday. Expect at least 2 snow days this week and maybe more.

No comments:

Post a Comment