Friday, January 16, 2015

STORM WATCH update

Good evening-

Here's your update- but quite frankly not much has changed. I can say with pretty high confidence there will be snow Wednesday. What I can't say with any confidence is how much...1-3" of snow is just as likely as nothing or 5-10", and so I won't even discuss my instinct here. What I can say is that I think there will be an accumulating snow Wednesday, but how much remains to be seen. It all depends on how quickly a clipper system develops off the coast...with the GFS saying it doesn't at all...and the Euro showing about a 3-6" event as it goes a bit too far east for a truly major snowstorm. Too tough for any final call until Monday for sure.

Sunday's storm looks a bit less icy and more rainy at the moment. Fortunately, Monday is a holiday anyway, so most people have the day off even if a flash freeze does occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment