Friday, January 30, 2015

Update- Monster Monday!

Good afternoon-

I just wanted to update everyone on the new models, as they are showing an increasing amount of snow on each model run. In fact, for the western half of the state or so, it's now a distinct possibility that most people west of Middlesex county get more than they did from Blizzard Colbie, but I'm not going to go there quite yet. What can I say? A very severe snowstorm is likely Sunday night and Monday. The bottom line is that Monday's travel plans will have to be put on hold, but here's the more important impact.

Those of you attending Super Bowl Parties should probably keep an eye open. The storm will likely have begun by the end of the game, and it could be coming down really hard. I wouldn't cancel my plans yet, but it's possible that you will be affected by this. I'll take my first amount stab tomorrow morning, but I reserve the right to delay that if models disagree. Winter Storm Watches are likely going up again tomorrow afternoon. That would make three storms of 6"+ in nine days, a truly remarkable feat to pull off here.

image credit: kaboodle.com

You may see him if the pattern holds- for what it's worth, next Thursday may keep us rolling- as might a week from Monday. This is quite a pattern!!

No comments:

Post a Comment