Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1/27- Sorry, west CT

Good Tuesday all-

Well, first off, I want to say "Sorry" to my readers in the western third or so of CT, who have now completely busted. The storm took a last second jog to the east, causing the lack of snow in west CT. Now, however, my friends in east CT are saying "what bust"? That part of the state is getting clobbered, and will get monster totals in the 3ft area. Thus, I think a 20-40" forecast will actually verify quite nicely for me overall. The central part of the state will be much nearer to 20" than 40", which someone is probably going to achieve in east CT. The new forecast is 6-10" west of Waterbury, with 18-30" between there and about Middlesex, and about 20-40" east of there. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with how the storm was forecasted. There was no telling where that band would set up, and it chose Putnam- which already has 27" this morning- and the rest of east CT. This will still be a remarkable storm, but the #1 records may survive at BDL and Bridgeport (though BDL's still may fall). Through the day, today, I'd say add about another 6-12" on what you have now, and that'll be your total. That puts Putnam with about 41", which I'd believe for sure is possible. It puts me in Wallingford (with about 14" now) at 21-28", which I'd believe as well.

Again, apologies for the bust west of Waterbury. The models had been whiffle waffling, but that was always, quite honestly, the part of the state I was most concerned about going low due to the extreme dropoff in temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment