Sunday, December 27, 2015

12/27- My first snowfall map!




Good Sunday all-

I am here to show you the first snowfall map I have created, thanks to the ability of my laptop that I got for Christmas. I can't wait to be doing this for all the snow events this winter, it's been fun!!

I am, overall, not overly impressed with total snowfall throughout SNE as the changeover will be fairly quick, with mostly sleet. Here are my initial thoughts



That should do nicely, but keep in mind that icing will be a major concern, especially in Northwestern areas like Salisbury and Norfolk down through the Naugatuck Valley where the cold air is tougher to filter out. I am definitely not impressed for my old stomping grounds of Wallingford nor anywhere along the shoreline as any snow or frozen precip will quickly change over to rain. Have a great Sunday, I'll have my full blog tomorrow, and if anything changes with my map I'll let you know!

Thoughts go out to those affected by the tornadoes in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment