Saturday, December 26, 2015

STORM WATCH UPDATE- Winter Storm for Tuesday

Hey everyone,

It's time to update my percentages and to have a discussion on the new model runs on our impending Winter Storm for Tuesday. Yesterday's model runs gave snow lovers in New England a dreadful fright by dropping barely anything...but this evening's ended up being quite a bit better (except the Euro)...the end result is that they are now largely showing the same thing as they were the day before yesterday. The percentages discussed on Xmas Eve are largely the same...except I do want to update them in a few cases.

For Meriden-

0"- 15%

1-3"- 20%

3-6" 45%

6-10"- 15%

10-15"- 5%


For New Haven-

0"- 25%

1-3" 50%

3-6"- 20%

6-10"- 15%


This is because the warm air will likely be stronger at the shoreline than I previously thought. Naturally, this has very little impact on areas north of I-84, so forecasts for Waterbury, Hartford, Litchfield, etc. will not be affected by this...and I hold with my percentages for those areas at this time.

I will update again tomorrow with my final snowfall predictions, but this one is highly tricky. That said...I am fairly confident in the numbers discussed above. If something drastic changes during the day today, I will update if I can, but I won't have access to a computer this afternoon, so...I am not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment