Tuesday, December 29, 2015

12/29- Chilly & Icy

Good Tuesday all-

Everyone except coastal Middlesex and New London counties is under a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY

Well, the snow was a bit heavier than I expected last night in my area, but still within my range. I have probably an inch on the ground in Naugatuck, with some areas having the grass totally covered and others with barely anything...so I am guesstimating. Either way, it's very pretty and is the first bit of snow I've seen accumulate at my new house, so that's a neat experience.

The rest of today will continue to be icy, especially in the morning, with areas along and north of 84 dealing with the worst of the storm before we all change over to rain later this morning. Fortunately, once we get through today, the rest of the week looks dry (except potentially for the morning of New Year's Eve, where scattered showers are possible). In fact, after today, the next potential for a true snowstorm is nowhere to be found...though the dates around the 10th may prove to be interesting. Thus, naturally, I'm flying out on the 9th to Louisiana for the American Meteorological Society's conference...so I hope I don't miss the seasons first true snowstorm!!

Today in weather history- December 29, 2012- Winter Storm Bryan strikes New England very hard, dropping over a foot of snow on parts of Connecticut. The problem is that this storm, and all others that year, are forgotten due to the incredible impact that Blizzard Charlotte would have just over a month later.

Here comes 2016- we're 3 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment